Saturday, August 4, 2012

Part 1 Continued

So. . .

The whole time Dad is in the hospital the lady continues to visit, he goes to rehab and she comes to see him, he comes home and she comes to see him!

One of the days she came over, Bill and I went over as he hadn't met her yet and Dad wanted him to meet her. During that visit she told us her daughter was nervous about the age difference. She told her and I quote, "I'd rather be an old man's darlin' than a young man's fool!" Needless, to say, Dad was thrilled.

They've been on a date of sorts-just going to get lunch on a day when she dropped by, she's offered to help Dad clean house and show him some tricks to stay on top of things and generally helped keep him cheered up during this semi-grueling recovery time.

A side note about the cleaning tips-I've been suggesting to him for a couple of years that cleaning and sorting would go much easier if he:
         
               1) Got 4 totes and labelled them keep, throwaway, donate or garage sale and not sure-go through later

               2) Picked a room and divided in quadrants to work on

               3) Started in that 1 room and stayed there til finished, closed the door and start on next room

               4) Rewarded himself with a "date", dinner out or something other than another item for the house, when he finished each room

               5) QUIT Buying More and More STUFF (not to mention doing this one would save him the money he always says he needs!)

 Those are the biggest of the suggestions though there were others. Well, in 2+ years he never listened and though I tried to help as much as I could there wasn't a lot I could do as stuff came in faster than I could carry it out!

Guess what?????? He called and said, "Hey, my girlfriend has some great ideas on cleaning the house."
And proceeded to name E-V-E R-Y-T-H-I-N-G that I had suggested!!!!

So, as soon as he's on his feet a little better we're doing some MAJOR housecleaning.

Guess only time will tell how this will go. It promises to be interesting though as she is an exceedingly independent lady. She has published a book, is writing more books, sold artwork and is an accomplished musician! My Dad is very old school to the extreme and is used to the um, for lack of a better way to describe it, I'll say- the barefoot, pregnant and tied to the kitchen sink plus a little of Nell Fenwick-damsel ALWAYS helpless and in distress types. (He butts heads with my sisters and I and several friends a lot because we, as females, are not so suitably helpless!)

I won't say I'll continue to girlfriend 2 story tomorrow because every time I say I'll do something tomorrow-something comes up and I can't, but I promise I'll do it as soon as I can.      





 Find us now at:







No comments:

Post a Comment